Senior Food Services Duty Manager
Job Title: Senior Food Services Duty Manager – Ashridge House
Starting salary: c£27 – 28K + benefits
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
As a result of growth in business, we are currently looking for a customer focused Senior Duty Manager to join the busy catering team. The successful applicant will report into the Food and Beverage Manager, and will be involved in the planning and running of all catering events within the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress in the catering/hospitality industry.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Management and motivation of the services team
- Supervision of the all service areas: dining rooms, bar, conference rooms and staff areas to include the planning and running of private functions and events
- Liaising with clients and guests to be able to meet and exceed their expectations
- Deployment of staff to provide the excellent standards of service
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints in the appropriate manner
- Assist with the management and budgets of stock, equipment and maintenance
- Attending and contributing in communication meetings within Food & Beverage, and as a representative of the F&B team within wider hospitality communication forums
- Training new members of the services team to assure the highest standards of service
This role will suit an experienced Duty Manager looking to progress. We require an individual who has had the experience of leading a team and working to the highest standards, in a high volume establishment with complex dining arrangements. You will be used to thinking on your feet and remaining calm under pressure. Additional requirements include:
- Proven experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to motivate, lead and develop a team
- Excellent customer service with an ability to recognise how to exceed expectations
- A passion and knowledge of food and beverage
- Awareness of health & safety and food hygiene legislation
- A working knowledge of cellar management
- A Personal Licence holder
- NVQ level 2/3 in Food Services or equivalent experience
- Excellent attention to detail
The successful candidate must be able to work shifts covering a day range of 6am till 1am. Requirements will be worked averaging 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays. For this reason it is essential to have your own transport.
Ashridge House is a beautiful Grade 1 listed heritage property with world-class conference and training facilities. It is also the home campus of Ashridge Executive Education (one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School) and the perfect location for corporate meetings and private events.
Ashridge House hosts both day and residential events for between 2 and 250 people, welcoming guests from all over the world. Set in extensive parkland in the Hertfordshire countryside, the magnificent neo-gothic mansion provides the complete meeting experience for our clients. Our beautiful private dining rooms in the historic Main House are available for functions, and our extensive 190 acre estate is ideal for teambuilding activities. In 2015 the team was again awarded Gold Standard for customer service in the BDRC Venue Verdict accreditation - providing the very best customer service is at the heart of what we do.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top