Senior Designer (Merchandise)
Education First is looking for a Senior Designer (Merchandise) to join its Global Merchandising Team in Luzern, Switzerland
Longing to create products that truly transform kids’ lives? Do you have a portfolio of successful design projects specifically targeted at kids and teens? Apply for this new and exciting position based in the beautiful Luzern (Switzerland) in the Global Merchandising Team. You will be responsible for the look and feel of an ever-evolving merchandise range of 160 items.
With the guidance of the Creative Director you will be responsible for developing kids merchandise. This will include visual research, sketching & conceptualization, product graphic design, packaging design, technical and expert knowledge in printing production files. This includes the ability to understand, develop and synthesis brand language into applied graphics that complement our design concepts. You will also work closely with merchandisers to make your design concept become real. We are a fast-paced environment with a tight-knit, fun company culture where you will need to be a strong collaborator and be accountable for your work quality, putting yourself in a “5 years old’s” shoes
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional design practice and experience, preferable working in an office environment
- A degree in Design or similar creative course.
- a lot of experience in applied branding and graphic artwork design
- a solid knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- proven sketching and illustration skills
3D software knowledge is beneficial.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Highly organized and resourceful. Able to work within a team and also independently.
- Passionate, ambitious, curious, artistic and creative
- Attention to detail
- Nothing is impossible attitude
A TYPICAL DAY IN EF
1) Meet with the creative director to develop product concepts
2) Create mood boards, analyze trends, evaluating options to choose the best creative solution
3) Attend brainstorming sessions with other members of creative team to develop concepts
4) Pitch concepts internally to Creative Director
5) Create custom graphic elements and illustrations, provide expertise on technical production, layout design, specify material details, color, typography, composition, photography, graphics…
6) Be flexible and adapt your creativity to production constraints working closely with merchandisers to understand those constraints
A Global Company
EF’s scale catches some by surprise. We have over 400 offices and schools spanning more than 50 countries, and a workforce comprising 120 nationalities. EF is all over the globe. And that means your creative voice can be too.
If you’re a creative, “Corporate” is probably a bad word. We get that. And while someone needs to wield Excel to pay you, EF is family-owned and entrepreneurial. That means if you have a good idea you can get it made.
Our Creative Teams
We’re not some “internal agency”. We are distributed teams of insanely talented, and sometimes modest, creatives. We interact on projects all over the world, in every medium, and honestly, genuinely like working together.
Learn more about our design philosophy, offices and recent work at:
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, covering country-wide public transportation
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available)
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top