Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
The Business Intelligence team within Labs @ EF Tours is responsible for consuming all data created by the business and preparing it in a way that can be easily digested by analyst teams and data scientists we work with. We have been anchored in Microsoft technologies since inception, and having recently migrated to AWS, we have the opportunity to explore new technologies available to us.
We are looking to expand our team in order to execute faster on a data engineering strategy and to have the capacity to explore and adopt new technologies. A data engineer on our team will be involved in maintaining and improving the way we move and store data in an effort to transform business intelligence across EF Tours.
- Build and maintain datamarts using Kimball data warehousing methodology
- Write and tune T-SQL using all available SQL Server objects for the purpose of building and maintaining data marts
- Monitor and maintain system health and security
- Create data feeds using SSIS, SQL Server Replication, and additional non-SQL tools
- Design architecture based on current and future technology landscapes
- Oversee administration and improvements to source control and deployment process
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes
- Prepare unit tests for all work to be released to our live environment (including data validation scripts for data sets releases or changes)
- Implement performance tuning on the databases based on monitoring
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Advanced experience with data modeling (ability to tailor design to specific need)
- Strong Transact-SQL (T-SQL) skills
- SQL Server 2014+ experience (2016 preferred)
- SQL Server Integration Services experience
- Highly organized and commented coding style
- Proven ability to understand business concepts and relate them to data
- Experience integrating with data visualization tools for mass consumption (including QlikView, PowerBI)
- Powershell experience preferred
- Exposure to Agile methology and SCRUM a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Excellent written and spoken English
EF Education First is a global leader in international education, with a 50-year mission of opening the world through education. Our programs worldwide provide opportunities for language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange, and academic study for customers of all backgrounds and ages, helping them to become better citizens of the world. A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large organization with the spirit and energy of a small company. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative and motivated people who are excited by education, communication and travel.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top