Senior Content Editor
The Senior Content Editor is responsible for creating new learning products and overseeing the development of innovative educational content. This requires the development and maintenance of products and associated support that is pedagogically sound, aligned with business requirements and acceptable across all EFEC markets.
The Senior Content Editor will ensure the academic quality of learning materials and fit within the curriculum, providing students with an industry-leading experience. You are a member of a user experience oriented team of academic experts guided by the principles of looking for optimal solutions, standard setting, collaboration and creativity. The role will collaborate with team members, end users and stakeholders to take products from concept to reality.
- establish overall academic quality standards in the Academic team and resulting products
- maintain the academic quality of all content produced by the Academic team, through editing individual lessons and chief editing
- write and produce learning materials and other content
- lead development, testing, and signoff of content for specific markets and learners
- work with key personnel/project teams and end users in relevant markets related to product development, testing and implementation.
- deliver projects on-time and according to business requirements
- identify and act on training/communication opportunities related to materials use
- build and maintain relationships and presence within Education Services through regional to center level
- develop and train Academic team members
- create and maintain key documents such as the product syllabus and master schedule
- evaluate existing products and identify ways to improve the user and learning experience
- represent the Academic Team at regional or national meetings when necessary
- maintain teaching skills and industry knowledge
- MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics, or equivalent qualification (such as DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of ESL/ELT
- Proven experience in ESL/ELT materials development
- Experience in a position of management or leadership is preferred
- effective written and oral communication skills in accurate English (near native)
- excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply these in a multicultural environment
- leadership skills, and the ability to guide a team to successful project delivery
- able to work within given constraints to achieve results
- able to critically evaluate aspects of learning materials and curriculum and propose relevant, innovative solutions
- customer-focused and service-minded
- awareness of student and market needs
- demonstrated experience in developing learning materials
- able to work independently
- committed to continuous professional development and able to take action based on feedback
- coaching and mentoring skills to grow individuals and ensure a high performing team
EF English Centers is a leading company in the fast growing and promising ESL market of adults. We provide first class quality of teaching and service to the customers and value people who are passionate about English education for adults and skillful at doing their jobs.
EF stands for "Education First". Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is now the world’s leading international education organization. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped millions of people to learn a new language, discover the world, or earn an academic degree. EF operates 450 schools and offices in more than 50 countries with 35,000 employees. To date, "Education First" is more than our company name. It is our company’s passion.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top