Senior BI Developer
Do you love data? If you are looking for a new challenge or want to take the next step in your BI career read on! Here at EF, we believe BI can make a great place for employees to work by providing relevant report and insights to decision makers. We help EF deliver a great experience for our customers by measuring customer success across staff, products, systems and highlight areas where we can improve.
We are looking for an organized, driven, highly communicative and energetic personality, who has high quality standards and an excellent eye for details, ideally with over 4 years’ experience in data engineering or related positions to support and build the enterprise-wide BI solutions at EF.
You will have a passion for BI and work in an agile and dynamic environment, building strong relationships with business stakeholders to ascertain their requirements and translate them into technical solutions. The successful candidate should be passionate about working with large data sets, solving complex problems, and wanting to utilize information technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Lead design and build BI data warehouse and applications. These relate to data extract, data modelling, building reports/dashboard from data warehouse
- Articulate ideas and technical decisions and create supporting documentation for design decisions as well as requirements and unit testing
- Follow BI best-practice software design, development and change management disciplines to ensure robustness, scalability, security and fit for purpose applications
- Perform data validation, error checking, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Assist with the analysis of business and technical requirements where required
- Find opportunities to increase speed and quality of outputs. Articulate ideas and turn those ideas into new capabilities, performance improvements and quality improvements
- Provide proactive ownership and timely resolution of production issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing scalable, high-performing BI solutions
- Excellent skills in writing T-SQL and using at least one of the SQL Server BI Suites such as SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Excellent skills in dimensional modelling and data warehouse design
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-work, communication and learning skills
- Experience in web application design and development using C#, .Net or any other programming language is a big plus
- Experience in using Tableau or related data discovery/visualization tools
- Experience in designing cube and read/write MDX code
- Familiar with agile development and framework
- Familiar with cloud environment such as AWS is a plus
- Familiar with data mining, machine leaning, Python, R or big data concept
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other related majors
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top