Senior Automation Engineer
EF Education First
Senior QA Automation Test Engineer, ef.com Organic Search
Cambridge Layout, Bangalore, India
Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the world leader in international education. We offer a broad variety of programs to help people learn a language, study abroad, tour the world or earn an academic degree. Today we have over 500 schools and offices and 37,000 staff and teachers in more than 50 countries. Despite our size, we pride ourselves on maintaining an entrepreneurial and creative culture.
We are looking for a talented senior QA test automation engineer to support the Organic Search (SEO) team based in London. The Organic Search team is responsible for driving Organic Search traffic and enquiries across all of EF’s markets, and is a highly international team.
As a QA engineer you will work across a number of key business critical projects and produce high quality test plans, scenarios and scripts to ensure key requirements are met. You will join a development team within an AGILE environment and will be involved in the full development life cycle to provide robust testing and QA functions.
You are expected to be a driver of the QA environment with great attention on details. You have the ability to setup a new QA infrastructure from scratch, a clear and clean structure of testing plan across different devices and environment, and a well-structured way to maintain the testing code and documentations. You are confidence to work with minimum supervision and offer creative solutions in support of testing.
The role also requires that you are an excellent team player and can work closely with other developers based in Zurich (Switzerland), and London (U.K.). Limited travel to other EF office may be required.
As a QA engineer, you will report to the Technical Project Manager and be responsible for:
- Work with developers and other testers in different geographic location and project manager to establish testing plan.
- Define and deliver both automation and manual test strategy
- Participate in project planning and team meeting to ensure thorough understanding the project features with a goal of ensuring highly testable plan is delivered.
- Leading the QA testing design and development in both validation of the requirements and the verification of the implementation.
- Write quality automated test scripts using automated testing frameworks and tools
- Testing cross browsers, mobile and web based applications
- Identify defects and communicate the issues the relevant team member using the Jira tracking system.
- Keep track of industry software testing tools and best practices.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer science or relevant subjects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software/web-based automation test
- Ideally you have been on a role as QA lead with ability to setup a QA automation system/platform from scratch
- Proven experience of testing large volumes of data and web-based application.
- Capable of setting up the QA infrastructure and architecture from scratch using continuous integration tool e.g. Jenkins
- Be a driver or navigator to lead the direction of the QA architecture. Responsible for the setup/managing/optimizing the architecture, maintain the test cases, and test documentations
- Experiences on how to setup testing across different devices and browsers under different environment.
- Strong automation skills experience building and maintaining automation frameworks through the creation of clean quality testing code
- Have solid understanding in Jenkins and have hand on experiences on version control tools - Team foundation server is preferred.
- Comfortable to write complex testing scripts using Java/C# for web based applications
- GUI automation testing experience using Selenium.
- Understanding the relational database management system - MS SQL Server 2008/2012
- An outstanding team player and excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and can handle pressures with the tight deadlines
- Being a role as QA lead with ability to setup the QA automation platform/system from the scratch
- Knowledge of the CMS (sitecore is preferable)
- Solid knowledge of coding pattern and coding best practices
- Agile practices and principles
- Experience testing API service based application
- Experience in mobile app testing and cross browser testing
Back to top