Senior Android Developer
What You Will Do
- Play a developer role in multiple apps used by millions of students and teachers around the world.
- Cooperate with our UX/UI team to craft beautiful user experiences, and then implement them with equally elegant code. UI is a passion of yours!
- Work in a collaborative team full of passionate, talented people, who love using and making great apps.
- Enter a room with only team members and a whiteboard; walk out with an idea and a plan for the next big thing.
- Make education better. You remember how much education technology lacked, and you are excited to have an opportunity to completely change that.
- Interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs
- Troubleshoot, and performance tune
- Work closely with the Product Manager, the Mobile Architect and the rest of the mobile team, to continually improve the development process and the product quality
- Mentor junior members, and share your experiences
- Contribute to the software architecture, and help to shape the development process
- Establish time/effort estimations for tasks, to support effective planning
What You Have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- At least 5 years’ experience writing apps for Android platform
- Mastery of Java / Kotlin
- Experience with building Android projects from the command line with Ant or via Eclipse
- Solid understanding of Material Design and the Android SDK
- Solid experience of object-oriented design, and modern programming techniques
- Experience working within a team; you know how to make your point heard, and hear what other people have to say as well.
- Strong problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable skills in algorithm/data structures and creative problem-solving
- A real passion for technology and innovation
- A true love and appreciation for well-designed, scalable code. You are intolerant of anything less.
- Good communication and being able to work independently to deliver Android applications.
- Familiar with SOLID principles.
- Familiar with MVVM and/or VIPER.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience architecting medium to large software projects from start to finish.
- An active contributor to open source software (please provide links to relevant GitHub projects).
- Have live apps on the Google Play Store that you have developed (please provide web links).
- Experience with RxJava.
- Experience with ReactNative.
- Experience working with Realm, Room, ObjectBox and SQLite.
- Experience with Android Architecture Components.
- Experience working with Augmented Reality, OpenCV, OpenGLES.
- Experience working with tensorFlow.
- Knowledge of server side development.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Unit Test development
- Experience with the lint tool.
- Experience with Jenkins pipeline.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top