Our EF Finance team at our Headquarters in Lucerne is currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Senior Accountant with a flair for numbers, attention to detail and minimum 2 years’ experience.
As a Senior Accountant, you will work with the accounting of one or more companies, being responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable/receivable, general ledger entries, inter-company transactions, data analysis, budget follow-up and projections. To accomplish your tasks, you will work closely with other functional areas and other EF companies around the world.
From the start you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in quarterly and annual closing procedures. You will have opportunities to work on individual projects and team projects, with direct upper management interaction.
The ideal candidate
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or similar
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Open-minded, solution oriented, and results driven
- Displays accountability and commitment to both individual and team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Thrives in an international environment
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in accounting/finance
- Flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Good computer skills, particularly MS Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Full proficiency in English
- German Language an asset
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals, or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. EF Education First International, Ltd. is a Tour Operator and a part of EF Education First.
Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language and discover the world. We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 43,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
Back to top