EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, educational travel and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965 in Sweden. Today, EF has 46,500 employees with a global presence in 116 countries with 532 schools and offices in 53 countries. Its head office is based in Switzerland and the Korean main office is in Gangnam. We are now looking for an all-round person to handle accounting/finance based in the Seoul office.
Reporting to: the Finance Mgr for Korea (located in a regional office)
Be responsible for:
- General accounting incl. payables, receivables, fixed assets, salaries, staff and travel expenses and cost accruals
- Responsible for monthly / year-end financial closing
- Responsible for handling all intercompany transactions
- Payroll/social insurance and pension with support from payroll company
- Liquidity planning and reporting
- Budgeting and follow-up
- Communicate with other offices on a variety of accounting matters
- Assist in Preparation of management analysis, sales reports and other ad hoc management reports
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree holder in Accountancy with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Preferably some audit experience with one of Big 4.
- Knowledge and experience of Korean tax reporting
- Analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen
- Ability to work independently, as well as communicating with regional offices
- Detail-oriented, proactive professional with solid interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to take on a hands-on role
- Flexible to change and used to working in an international environment
- Fluent in English and Korean
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top