EF Educational Tours
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education and student travel, with 50 years of experience and offices all over the world. We offer a true international work environment, competitive salaries, a broad range of opportunities and fast paced career development. For more information, please check us out on http://careers.ef.com
Why work at EF?
- We are international.With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial.EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Senior Accountant with a flair for numbers and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have three years of experience at a public accounting firm, and will join our accounting and finance team at our Canadian tours head office in Toronto, ON.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant for EF Educational Tours
- Work with the team on the accounting of three Canadian legal entities
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger, all journal entries, revenue recognition, fixed assets and accruals
- Ensure proper recording of Intercompany transactions and cash flow management
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary for management review
- Complete budgets for the three legal entities, and perform analysis of budget to actuals, including follow-up
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Communicate and work directly with staff accountants, finance manager, FP&A team and CFO
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience with a team of accomplished and motivated people in a truly international environment. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures. You will also collaborate with the CFO – Tours, Canada in various finance related matters.
The ideal candidate has/is
- 3 years of work experience in a public accounting firm, CPA exam (CFE) must be passed
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and driven
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Experience performing a significant portion or all of quarterly and yearly closes
- The ability to thrive in an international and fast-paced environment
- A flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Experience reviewing financials and documentation for accuracy and improvement
- Excellent technical and computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
*To be considered for this role, applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top