Do you have a passion for numbers and attention to detail? Are you service minded and like working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment?
EF Education First is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Senior Accountant with great communication skills to join our Finance team in Shibuya, Tokyo.
As Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounting, tax and audits across several business units. You will be the focal point for accounting and tax matters as well as aligning business activities according to local statutory requirement. You will be reporting to our Finance Manager in Tokyo but will have daily contact with both our sales teams in Japan as well as other functions and stakeholders around the world.
- Accounts Payable & Vendor Management.
- Fixed Assets management - maintaining details from the asset system, checking, and tagging new assets, doing capitalization for new assets and depreciation in a timely manner.
- Quarterly and yearly financial closings - managing bank reconciliation and follow up. Prepare monthly and yearly closing binders to be reviewed by Finance Manager.
- Managing company tax compliance, co-work with Finance Manager on CIT and assist with preparation in the event of tax audit.
- Responsible on any internal or external audit event, including preparation of supporting documents, correspondence, audit confirmations, responds to any inquiries from the auditors, verify audit figures on audit reports etc.
- Together with the Finance Manager analysis and improvement of team performance in term of quality and accuracy for finance processes like cash flow management, banking and third party ‘s financial institution relationships.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience. (International company is a plus)
- Organized with attention to detail and a high sense of internal control
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure
- Positive mindset and attitude
- Skilled in MS Office, especially excel
- Good understanding of the accounting cycle and Japanese Taxation
- Fluent in Japanese and business level written and spoken English
- Valid working visa and current resident in Japan
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is the official Language Training Supplier to the Tokyo 2020 Games.