EF Educational Tours
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Senior Accountant with a flair for numbers, attention to detail and minimum three years of experience to join our finance team at our North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant for EF Educational Tours
- Work with the accounting of one or more companies
- Ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger entries and complex accruals
- Completing P&L variance analysis and commentary for upper management review
- Intercompany transactions and cash flow management
- Budget follow-up and legal projections
- Preparing accurate and timely account reconciliations
- Taking the time to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Regularly communicate with controllers.
- Working closely and collaboratively with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a team of 8 people in a truly international environment. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in quarterly and annual closing procedures. You will also collaborate with the Vice President of Finance for one of EF’s products in various finance related matters.
The ideal candidate has/is
- 3+ years of work experience in Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and driven
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Experience performing a significant portion or all of quarterly and yearly closes
- The ability to thrive in an international and fast-paced environment
- A flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Experience reviewing financials and documentation for accuracy and improvement
- Excellent technical and computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
*To be considered for this role, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Why work at EF?
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education and student travel, with 50 years of experience and offices all over the world. We offer a true international work environment, competitive salaries, a broad range of opportunities and fast paced career development. For more information, please check us out on http://careers.ef.com
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top