Senior Academic manager
The Senior Academic Manager is responsible for providing the academic voice and direction for EF Kids & Teens Product Development. The Senior Academic Manager will work closely with the Publishing Director to ensure that all produced materials are of the highest academic quality and follow rigorously defined methodology and direction.
- Work with the VP Product Development and Publishing Director to refine the process for ensuring that content produced by EF Kids and Teens are of the highest academic quality and consistent with stated approach and principles.
- Maintain academic quality within the writing team by defining and ensuring clear standards for creation and evaluation; identifying, analyzing and resolving issues with content creation; recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Implement the academic strategy outlined for courses offerings for students aged 10-13 years old. This will include, but not be limited to, methodology, approach and standards for classroom learning and online homework.
- Provide training and support for content writers who are producing learning content for pre-teen and teen products.
- Take responsibility for the writing of top-quality course content for EF Kids and Teens.
- Cultivate writing team and provide opportunities for professional growth within that team.
- Develop, maintain and share broad and up-to-date professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; identifying and participating in events, conferences and societies related to content writing and English language learning.
- Contribute to setting and achievement of strategic goals in content production, as it relates to operations, course content development and business development.
- Evaluate and advance existing course content across products.
- Diploma-level ELT qualification (e.g. Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL) or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics.
- 3+ years’ experience in in ELT publishing or test development.
- Experience managing writers and editors is desirable.
- Outstanding familiarity with standard references for the development of syllabuses, for example, the
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and other Council of Europe publications.
- Experience in instructional design an advantage.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, energy and team spirit.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work well in a technology environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of leadership, innovative curriculum design, and materials development.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience.
- Outstanding writing and editing ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of clarity in written English.
- Mastery of English (CEFR C2 level), additional languages a plus.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top