Scrum Master - EF Class
Scrum Master - EF CTX
EF Education First is seeking an experienced and passionate Scrum Master to join our Classroom Technology Experience team in our London Office. It will be your and the team’s responsibility to design, perfect and launch EF Class to English teachers in public and private high schools around the world through a highly viral model creating user value for teachers, students and schools all along the way.
EF Class is a complete set of flexible learning materials and tools to help teachers run motivational, engaging and interactive English lessons. Teachers can choose to use lessons and activities authored by EF, but can also modify and create their own; adapting them to meet class group and student needs. EF Class combines the best of learning in a traditional classroom setting with digital learning, with the goal of engaging every single student in each classroom.
EF Class was launched in 2015 and since then has grown to over 800 schools. Your challenge is to make the product go viral all over Europe. You will report into the Product President.
You will be working in an international team with cross functional skills covering academics, design, engineering, testing, business development, etc. The team adopts modern best practices including a Scrum-based agile development approach and you will be based in our spacious EF London office just off Kings Road in Chelsea.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to contribute to the existing team and help define and develop the next phase of our services. You must love taking on tough technical problems and take pride in pushing to find best-possible solutions.
We would love to see the following:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Strong leadership with good communication skills, capability of influence team members, peers and management to ensure the team is running on the right trajectory
- Capable with motivating team members, building collaborative, accountable atmosphere within team, and push things forward.
Nice to have:
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to deliver
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and coaching the Development team on how to get the most out of self organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Setting up daily stand ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, sprint planning sessions and backlog grooming sessions.
- Track and share agile metrics on the team's progress
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
The team, culture and office
You will be working in an international team with cross-functional skills covering academics, design, engineering, testing, business development, etc. The teams adopt modern best practices including a Scrum-based agile development approach and you will be based in our spacious EF London office just off Kings Road in Chelsea.
Founded by Swedish entrepreneur Bertil Hult in 1965, EF is the world leader in international education and offers language training, cultural exchanges, educational travel and academic degree programs. EF’s mission is to open the world through education and for over 50 years, we've helped millions of people become citizens of the world by breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography. Today, we have 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries and employ over 40,000 staff and teachers.
Education and travel are two of the fastest-growing industries today. With our schools, programs and technology, we are uniquely positioned to take advantage of this huge market potential. We are looking for talented people to join us. If you want a truly international career with real responsibilities, we want to meet you. www.ef.com/careers
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top