School Social Worker
School Social Worker
School Year: 2018-2019
The School Social Worker position is part-time and reports to the Director of Guidance. The person in this role will work collaboratively with the guidance and housing departments ensuring students are well cared for emotionally at EF Academy.
- Responsible for a caseload of 30-40 students, who are at-risk or at-need and would benefit from weekly 1:1 therapeutic sessions.
- Run group sessions based on school need (ie: Home sickness, eating habits, stress and anxiety management)
- Obtaining and coordinating community resources to meet students' needs.
- Provides crisis intervention service to students.
- Perform clinical assessment of student and refer for further clinical or psychiatric evaluation if necessary.
- Generate individualized treatment plan for student in accordance with best evidence-based practice with reference to academic and family expectations.
- Meets weekly with School Counselors and Deans to discuss ongoing relationships, progress and referrals.
- Assess service needs of student.
- Perform clinical assessment of student and refer for further evaluation if necessary.
- Generate individualized treatment plan for student in accordance with academic and family expectations.
- Provides advice and support to teachers in creating curricula and providing instruction that supports the social and emotional health of the students and the school
- Lead discussions among students on issues related to students’ behavior, emotional health, and social skills
- Part time (no benefits)
- 20 hours per week
- A Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work, Counseling or School Psychology
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude
- Experience in independent boarding school life preferred
- Demonstrates successful experience in working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills
- Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet changing deadlines
- Effectively establish and maintain strong working relationship with all constituents
- Have a pleasant and collegial approach to work
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Back to top