EF International Language Campus in San Francisco is seeking an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, hands on leader to organize and manage the setup, quality, growth, and profitability of its language campus. The School Director oversees all aspects of the school’s operations from student welfare, housing, academic coordination, and social activity program in a safe, secure environment. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of customer service. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our global sales offices and to motivate, grow and support the team. The confidence to develop efficient systems and establish a strong reputation and center of excellence is also needed.
EF San Francisco is part of a global network of language campuses around the world. With thousands of students from over 60 different countries studying in our schools, you are joining a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment as well as a team of passionate professionals dedicated to language learning, travel, and cultural exchange. The School Director has full operational responsibility for the success of the school. This requires:
- Setting a strategic vision for the school and guiding staff and faculty towards that vision
- Preparing, managing, and delivering on the school budget
- Strong ability to recruit, train, and motivate staff and faculty
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, and drive improvement
- Relentless focus on customer service and quality academic standards
- Analyzing and understanding known cost drivers to ensure profitability and student happiness
- Communicating consistently with our network of overseas sales offices
- Managing the social media responses and the Community relations
- Pursuing innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest standard of quality is achieved
- Position is full-time and will require some weekend work at certain times of year
Successful candidates must have substantial team leadership experience in the service sector. Experience in the hospitality industry a plus. In addition, candidate must have:
- 2-3 years of operational and staff management experience
- Excellent organization, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- An ability to think and react quickly to daily surprises
- Innate analytical skills in budgeting and spatial planning
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, and empathy for others
- Comfort with a fast paced and highly kinetic environment
- A strong willingness and desire to take charge during emergencies
- International experience an asset
- Dynamic and outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.