San Francisco TOEFL Test Preparation Teacher
Summary: EF San Francisco is currently seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of standardized test preparation for international students
Please read the following information thoroughly. Interested candidates should send a CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in suitability for the position.
- Planning and delivering lessons to students entering undergraduate as well as graduate programs in small classes ranging from 10 - 16 students
- Teach ESL and TOEFL Test Preparation to non-native English speaking students
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement
- Paperwork associated with teaching duties (Attendance Registers, Lesson Plans, etc.)
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL or ESL
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- Experience teaching a variety of test preparation and ESL classes
- Thorough familiarity with the TOEFL standardized test
- The ability to work and interact well with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
- A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
- 3 or more years teaching experience
- A Master’s degree, preferable in TESOL, Linguistics, International Education, etc.
About the School:
The school is located in San Francisco right across from the Hyde Street Pier and has a student body of approximately 400-800 students. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 17-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 17-28.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF International Language Schools offers language courses for students 16 to adult at our schools around the world. Our flexible courses in top destinations allow students of all language levels to study abroad when it's convenient for them at a course intensity that fits their goals. With EF you learn a language by living it! www.ef.com/master/ils
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
-Interested applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter for consideration
-Local Candidates only – No relocation assistance available
-Candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications need not apply
-Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top