San Francisco Part-Time and Substitute ESL Teachers
EF San Francisco is currently seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language to work as part-time and substitute teachers
Please read the following information thoroughly. Interested candidates should send a CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in suitability for the position.
- Plan and deliver English classes to adult international students
- Paperwork associated with teaching duties (attendance registers, lesson plans)
- Able to teach a variety of classes and levels (Grammar, Pronunciation, Reading, etc.)
- Available to sub on short notice
- Live within 45 minutes travel time to the school
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL or ESL
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- The ability to work and interact well with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
- A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
About the School
The school is located in San Francisco right across from the Hyde Street Pier and has a student body of approximately 400-800 students. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 17-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 17-28.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top