San Francisco Part-Time and Substitute ESL Teachers
EF San Francisco is currently seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language to work as part-time and substitute teachers
Please read the following information thoroughly. Interested candidates should send a CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in suitability for the position.
- Plan and deliver English classes to adult international students
- Paperwork associated with teaching duties (attendance registers, lesson plans)
- Able to teach a variety of classes and levels (Grammar, Pronunciation, Reading, etc.)
- Available to sub on short notice
- Live within 45 minutes travel time to the school
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL or ESL
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- The ability to work and interact well with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
- A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
About the School:
The school is located in San Francisco right across from the Hyde Street Pier and has a student body of approximately 400-800 students. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 17-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 17-28.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF International Language Schools offers language courses for students 16 to adult at our schools around the world. Our flexible courses in top destinations allow students of all language levels to study abroad when it's convenient for them at a course intensity that fits their goals. With EF you learn a language by living it! www.ef.com/master/ils
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
-Interested applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter for consideration
-Local Candidates only – No relocation assistance available
-Candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications need not apply
-Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top