Are you looking for a role with a global, entrepreneurial company that will develop, challenge, and inspire you?
EF International Language Centers in Milan is looking for a highly motivated, results-driven Sales Manager to join our Italian team.
You will be responsible for the sales, marketing, strategy and operations of your program across the Italian market. Joining a highly sales focused organization you should love customer contact and direct sales in all its forms. You should be comfortable doing all aspects of the job: direct sales, hiring and training office and field staff, visiting schools/universities, managing a budget, leading your team on a day to day basis, and making sure that everyone reach their targets and develops professionally.
As the leader of the sales team, your top priority will be to drive sales growth, leading by example and empowering your team. As part of the management team, you will play a key role in defining the success of the country.
We want someone who believes by being hands-on and getting stuck in, nothing is impossible!
- Develop, execute and meet short and long-term sales goals in the Italian market.
- Understand and beat previous year’s sales accomplishments.
- Have knowledge of current sales trends in your markets, and always be thinking 5 steps ahead.
- Overall responsibility for coordinating day-to-day sales activities.
- Drive sales of our education programs through telesales and face-to-face interactions with potential customers. As well as CRM management.
- Analysis of your teams, sales situation, the current market, and our competitors.
- To develop sales and marketing strategies and to then implement and evaluate tactics.
- To contribute to the development of the dedicated product under your responsibility.
- Responsibility for the control and monitoring of budgets as well as ensuring effective expense planning and cost controls.
- To build up new links and maintain existing relations with schools and universities
- Managing time for local administrative work like invoicing, visa preparation, marketing material distributions.
- To assist in creating marketing material and the production of it.
- To motivate sales teams, establishing individual and team goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for performance management of sales coordinators, including performance reviews and development plans.
- Identify staffing needs, hire, train and coach your staff.
- Business acumen with a strong aptitude for management and persuasion.
- Statistics management and numerical capabilities (number crunching and budget management).
- Strategic mindset: you are able to balance strong day-to-day sales focus with a longer-term perspective on how to take your business to the next level.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and possess outstanding organization skills.
- Great team leader: our people are our most important asset and you are a trusted and natural leader who leads by example.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong results-driven attitude: you are an executor by heart who gets a kick by delivering on your own personal sales targets every day.
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Native Italian speaker
- Permit or valid passport to work in Italy
- A graduate degree qualification or equivalent, preferably in sales, marketing, business, administration or a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of direct sales experience and management ideally gained while working within an aggressive sales office environment.
- 1-2 years of team leadership experience
In return for your dedication, we promise you friends whom you’ll join in working hard and then playing hard. We offer you a fun, dynamic environment, where from the very start of your career you can make a real impact – both on your customers and on the company.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top