We are travelers, innovators, doers, and thinkers. We are open, collaborative, dedicated and passionate about our mission to open the world through education. We work hard, but never forget to have fun!
You are responsible for the sales, marketing, strategy and operations of your program across the Italian market. As the leader of the sales team, your top priority will be to drive sales and grow market share through telemarketing and personal consultations. As part of the management team, you will play a key role in defining the success of the country.
- Develop, execute and meet short and long-term sales goals in the Italian market.
- Understand and beat previous year’s sales accomplishments.
- Have knowledge of current sales trends in your markets, and always be thinking 5 steps ahead.
- Overall responsibility for coordinating day-to-day sales activities.
- Analysis of your teams, sales situation, the current market, and our competitors.
- To develop sales and marketing strategies and to then implement and evaluate tactics.
- To contribute to the development of the dedicated product under your responsibility.
- Responsibility for the control and monitoring of budgets as well as ensuring effective expense planning and cost controls.
- To build up new links and maintain existing relations with schools and universities
- Managing time for local administrative work like invoicing, visa preparation, marketing material distributions, and so on.
- To assist in creating marketing material and the production of it.
- To motivate sales teams, establishing individual and team goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for performance management of sales coordinators, including performance reviews and development plans.
- In collaboration with other Country Product Managers, Sales Manager and Country Manager, to identify staffing needs and execute successful recruitment campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A graduate degree qualification or equivalent, preferably in sales, marketing, business, administration or a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of direct sales experience and management ideally gained while working within an aggressive sales office environment.
- 1-2 years of team leadership experience
- You are a creative but strategic thinker - with a passion for details.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial spirit thriving under high pressure
- You have a highly sales-oriented mindset, a customer-focused nature with built-in cultural awareness.
- A flexible attitude towards work - you are not, and do not wish to be a 9-5 person.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Business acumen with a strong aptitude for management and persuasion.
- Statistics management and numerical capabilities (number crunching and budget management).
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and possess outstanding organization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to drive and motivate others.
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Native Italian speaker
- Permit or valid passport to work in Italy
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top