Sales and Marketing Manager
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
Hong Kong and Macau
As the Sales and Marketing Manager you will be fully responsible for all aspects of one of our Study Abroad programs. You will manage the product like your own small business and be involved in all facets of its success including strategy development, sales and marketing, goal setting, staff management, budgeting, collateral production, etc.
This is a management position with four/five direct reports and the ideal candidate should be proactive and able to multitask from day one. You should be comfortable doing all aspects of the job: telesales, screening candidates, hiring and training office and field staff, visiting schools/universities, managing a budget, etc. We are looking for an ambitious, organized and results-driven professional who will innovate and inspire new ways of working to drive future growth.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Drive sales of our education programs through telesales and face-to-face interactions with potential customers;
- Identify and drive partnerships for group travel;
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns;
- Participate in offsite marketing events and presentations;
- Oversee administrative tasks;
- Provide pre- and post-sales customer service to parents and students;
- Ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction;
- Manage and motivate a team of approximately 5 staff;
- Provide guidance, professional development and support to the team
- Manage budget and work independently within the budget guidelines
- Develop and foster relationships within our global organization
- Weekend and public holiday shifts are occasionally required.
Ideal Personal Qualities:
- High level of personal motivation – a real “self-starter”
- Strong leader
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Charismatic, positive and passionate in their personality
- Well-organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
Ideal Professional Qualities:
- A University degree;
- 5-8 years of related work experience;
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and spoken) essential, Mandarin is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A hunger to gain management experience;
- Proven sales capability and ability to manage towards targets
- Energetic, flexible personality and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Overseas studying / working experience would be an advantage.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 539 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, then play hard. We believe that education can break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
You are driven to succeed and will always go the extra mile for your customers, friends, family. You are focused on getting great results, but you don’t forget to have a good time whilst getting there. You are outgoing and positive. You are great at whatever you put your mind to, but that never makes you arrogant. You believe that by being hands-on and getting stuck in, nothing is impossible. You are passionate about travelling and meeting people from all over the world.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top