Restaurant Services Supervisor
Job Title: Restaurant Services Supervisor – Ashridge House
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports To: Food Services Manager
Our Food & Beverage (F&B) team have the task of serving breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the year to clients visiting Ashridge House for their business and social events. We have a main dining room that serves up to 160 diners, plus other function rooms throughout the House and that’s not to mention preparing and serving staff food. With a wide range of dining experiences on offer, staff gain exposure to fine dining service at bespoke events and weddings, in addition to daily buffet and private dining room service. The team always work to ensure that the client’s visit is a memorable experience.
This role will suit an experienced Head Waiter/Waitress looking to progress. We require an individual who has had the experience of working to the highest standards, in a high volume establishment with complex dining arrangements. You will be used to thinking on your feet and remaining calm under pressure.
The role will suit someone who takes pride in delivering excellent service to the customer and enjoys interacting with the guests.
- Act as Food Services Duty Manager across all service areas
- Responsible for closing down and cashing up on duty and processing customer credit charges in liaison with other relevant departments
- Train new members of the team and providing refresher training to existing team members as required
- ‘Hands on’ management of stock taking bar and services
- Lead team briefings and ensure the Services team are communicated with in a clear and timely manner
- Attend and contribute to communication meetings within F&B function
- Ensure all health, safety and hygiene practices and procedures are followed correctly
- Management of the annualised hours process to ensure staffing levels match capacity requirements
- Liaise with clients and guests to be able to meet and exceed their expectations
Please note, the role is worked on a rota basis therefore the successful candidate must be able to work shifts covering a day range of 6am till 1am. Requirements will be worked averaging 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays. For this reason it is essential to have your own transport.
- Previous experience at supervisory /shift management level
- Line management experience
- Wide ranging food and drink knowledge and knowledge of bar management
- Standards driven and detail orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proactive and customer focussed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ability to maintain service standards while working under pressure
- Basic understanding of P&L accounts
- IT literate, familiar with Word and Excel
Ashridge House is a beautiful Grade 1 listed heritage property with world-class conference and training facilities. It is also the home campus of Ashridge Executive Education (one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School) and the perfect location for corporate meetings and private events.
Ashridge House hosts both day and residential events for between 2 and 250 people, welcoming guests from all over the world. Set in extensive parkland in the Hertfordshire countryside, the magnificent neo-gothic mansion provides the complete meeting experience for our clients. Our beautiful private dining rooms in the historic Main House are available for functions, and our extensive 190 acre estate is ideal for teambuilding activities. In 2015 the team was again awarded Gold Standard for customer service in the BDRC Venue Verdict accreditation - providing the very best customer service is at the heart of what we do.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Back to top