The Residential Advisor oversees the emotional, physical, and educational well-being of the students residing in his or her hall. They create a safe and happy community within their hallway by being a welcoming and consistent advisory presence in the everyday life of their students. Together as a team, the Residential Advisors play a key role in supporting the school’s global mission.
Professional Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in a residential setting strongly preferred.
- Significant foreign travel or cross-cultural experiences a plus.
- Ability and desire to work during hours when students are not in class, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Be a motivated and flexible team player that is ready work towards the good of the community.
- Leads with the EF Academy Mission & Guiding Principles.
- Get to know and understand students by spending time with them, celebrating their accomplishments, encouraging them through challenges and providing emotional support.
- Supervise student safety, success and happiness outside the academic day and at weekends. Ensure selected students are awake each morning, encourage participation in clubs and activities, monitor evening study halls and do nightly final check in.
- Use the student information system to keep abreast of students’ academic accomplishments and challenges, as well as changes in mental and physical well-being. Write regular logs in the system to update parents and other departments as to the well-being and progress of students as community members.
- Build hall spirit through events, activities, celebration of different cultures and a proactive approach to conflict resolution.
- Ensure cleanliness, good order and adherence to the student code of conduct and honor code, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Comfortable taking students to doctor and hospital appointments.
- Participate in campus events (clubs, sports, field trips, intramurals, etc.).
- Assist other school departments in any other tasks as assigned (Athletics, Health Center, Activities, Student Services, Academics).