Residential Activities Leader at EF Clare College
You will work alongside the Activities Manager to organise and participate in a full activity & excursion timetable for groups & customers, you will be expected to support & guide international students and also provide a support service to international students. Health & safety is a big part of this position you will also need to cooperate with all departments in performing this role and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the EF staff.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Sensitive to needs of international students
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Outgoing & confident
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Helping with the preparations and implementation of activities for junior students.
- Welcoming students at the airport
- Promoting and supervising regular sporting and cultural activities.
- Preparing welcome packs for arriving students.
- Assisting in the welfare of the students.
- Accompanying students on excursion to places of interest, e.g. Brighton, London, Oxford
- Ensuring that students attend their timetabled activities as required.
- Promoting and advising students on activities/events.
- Helping with the supervision requirement of the juniors
- At the end of each activity ensuring that all equipment is put away and the area is left clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that students are integrated and benefiting from their programme.
- Supervising students outside the classroom, including taking registers.
- Assist with the provision of student welfare.
- Residential student curfew checks
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top