Resident Assistant at EF International Language Center
EF International Language Center in Chicago is seeking a positive, motivated, responsible, flexible, and community-building individual to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment as a Resident Assistant. The students of EF come from all over the world and range in age from 18 to 99. Program length can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to 9 months to study English and discover American culture. You will be an important part of everyday residential life working to increase customer service, enforcing school and residential rules and leading activities. In this live-in position, a private room downtown Chicago is provided as well as hourly compensation for duties performed.
- The RA position is a part-time leadership opportunity with a focus on community building and maintaining EF quality standards. The position averages 25 hours per week. However, some periods of time will require greater staffing demands (such as high student intakes, trainings, and holiday periods) and all staff are expected to be available and respond as required.
- Resident assistants are on duty weekday evenings and all weekend.
- While it is understood that full or part-time employment or studies are often taken in addition to the RA position; it should be understood that the RA job is the primary responsibility and must supersede any other additional employment.
- RAs perform a number of tasks including, but not limited to: ensuring rooms meet safety and quality standards, creating a sense of community, advising and helping students, tending to administrative duties, working with building management and third party vendors including cleaning, laundry and maintenance, ensuring smooth student arrivals and departures, and making sure that EF policies are enforced.
- RA’s are also on-call certain hours where they should be readily available to help out and ensure the safety of our students in the event of an emergency.
- An RA must have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home while living in a new city.
Requirements of the Position:
- Vigilance in ensuring student safety and quality standards for the residence
- Excellent customer service
- Initiative and the willingness to roll-up one’s sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Patience, flexibility and an upbeat attitude
- Maturity and professionalism as a strong policy enforcer and in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Previous RA experience.
Back to top