The EF International Language Center is looking for talented and exceptional individuals to join its team of Resident Advisors! We seek motivated, responsible, dynamic, and community-building oriented individuals to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment.
About the School:
The Miami school is located in South Beach and has an average of 300-400 students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 16-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 18-25.
About the Position:
RAs at EF have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a highly diverse student population and high-energy staff. The position requires great flexibility and requires you to wear many hats including but not limited to: administrator, leader, event coordinator, activity leader, role model, counselor, and policy enforcer.
RAs have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. RAs will work 20 hours or more per week (nights and weekends, in addition to on-call hours 1-2 nights per week, overnight.) Primary responsibilities include: helping the students at the reception desk, organizing on and off-campus activities, performing administrative tasks, and room checks/on-call dormitory duties, plus other duties as assigned by the Housing Director or School Director.
Previous Resident Advisor or Residential Life experience is a plus and/or an interest in education, counseling, and international relations.
Benefits of the Position:
RAs at the EF International School of English receive free room and board. Additionally, RAs receive hourly wages. RAs contracted for the year will be reviewed and offered the ability to continue in their position contingent on performance every 3 months. New RAs schedules will be organized with our current team.
This position is part-time, except during the summer. The RA position is a full-time position during the summer due to our increase in the number of students attending EF. This means that for 8 weeks you will be expected to work up to 40 hours / week.
Room & board are provided as this is a live-in position. Pay is hourly and bi-weekly.
Resident Advisor Duties:
- All of our RA's are responsible for the day to day supervision of EF residents from ages of 16-99 who are currently living in an EF residence.
- Provide positive role modeling for residents in areas of communications, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Responsible for assigned residents, including performing room checks, preparing room check and shift reports.
- Assists residents with any questions, complaints, or concerns, as well participating in a weekly activity with the students.
- Oversees check-ins and check-outs during their weekend shifts, and helps resolve any issues that may occur during their night shifts.
- Communicates in an effective manner with co-workers regarding residents' daily living activities.
- Assumes a leadership role, particularly during crises, to affect calm and effective solutions.
- Reports any inconsistencies, conflicts or problematic situations to the School Director, Housing Director or Accommodation Manager.
- Responds appropriately and effectively to directives assigned by the Housing Director.
- Ensures a safe environment for both residents and co-workers. - Responsible for assisting minors if they need to see a doctor.
- Participates in meetings and training sessions, as scheduled.
- Bachelor's Degree or currently working on graduating with a Bachelor's Degree
- English Language Fluency
- Flexible Part-time Schedule for Full-year, Full-time for Summer
- Customer Service Experience, or Resident Advisor Experience
- Must possess PC skills including basic MS Office applications.
- Innovative, organized and pay attention to detail
- Must be able to enforce school policies
- Must be social, fun and work well with a team
About EF Education First:
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top