Resident Advisor Position – EF New York Tarrytown
EF International Language Campuses is seeking a positive, motivated, responsible, flexible, and community-building individual to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment as a Resident Advisor. The students of EF come from all over the world and range in age from 12 to 99. Program length can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to 9 months to study English and discover American culture. You will be an important part of everyday residential life working to increase customer service, enforcing school and residential rules and leading activities. In this live-in position, room and board at our residence in Tarrytown, NY is included as well as hourly compensation for duties performed.
- The RA position is a part-time leadership opportunity with a focus on community-building and maintaining EF quality standards.
- The Resident Advisor position would have a minimum of approximately 16 working hours per week, including weekday and weekend duty. Weekends are scheduled by the Residence Life office and vary depending on student population. Weekday duty is scheduled monthly by the candidate.
- RAs perform a number of tasks including, but not limited to: ensuring rooms meet safety and quality standards, creating a sense of community, advising and helping students, tending to administrative duties, working with building management and third party vendors including cleaning, laundry and maintenance, ensuring smooth student arrivals and departures, and making sure that EF policies are enforced.
- RA’s are also on-call certain hours where they should be readily available to help out and ensure the safety of our students in the event of an emergency.
- An RA must have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home while living in a new city.
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Creativity & a high level of motivation with lots of common sense
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Ability to remain professional & authoritative, while also maintaining a warm & friendly attitude
- Flexible attitude toward work hours
- Creative problem solving – the job is fun and rewarding, but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- Sensitivity to the needs of international students (some of them may be away from home for the first time)
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top