Job Description & Objectives
EF International Language Campus Malta is looking for a team of live-in Summer Residence staff. We are looking for a team of people who will assist in delivering only the best experience in a fun but professional way to our international guests visiting Malta over the Summer 2021 months. Are you interested? Keep reading!
Come to Malta in Summer 2021 for a great 6 – 8 week work experience in the Hospitality and Customer Service and
- make friends who will last a life time
- learn invaluable skills that will help shape your future career wherever you go
- earn a wage whilst gaining experience in a fast – paced, high volume school over summer
WE provide accommodation for the duration of your contract – no need to look for a place to stay
Who are you ?
- You love a new challenge
- You are looking to widen your experience within EF and within the Hospitality industry
- You work well in a team with little supervision and accept challenges full-on
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience within an EF school in a similar role , or in an EF Sales Office will be considered an asset.
- Someone who is vigilant in ensuring student safety and quality standards for the residence.
- Someone who displays excellent customer service and hospitality attributes.
- Someone who shows Initiative and has the willingness to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Someone who is patient flexible and has an upbeat attitude.
If you feel you are the right person to make the team, and are ready to fly to Malta any time in June and see the summer through until end August 2021 then send a full CV with a covering motivational letter. If you have already worked with EF, please list the year, and the location together with your direct Manager.
- To support the Accommodation & Residence Manager by ensuring students are receiving first class service in their Residence
- Assisting in Intake every Monday morning
- Meet and greet new students upon arrival. Register students and complete all the necessary paperwork and file on arrival. Collect deposits or passports. It is essential that either a deposit or a document is collected on the day of arrival.
- Liaise with all Residence suppliers on a daily bases, maintaining a good relationship with them. Check bookings prior the weekends with reception staff.
- First point of contact for any student enquiry / complaint that deals with EF Resdience. Providing information and assistance to students regarding their EF Residence.
- Documentation of EACH student issue, complaint ,what the complaint was and how it was handled. (Log to be sent to Accommodation Manager on a daily basis) at the end of the day.
- Informing students of any misconduct in the residence / providing first letter of warning & second letter of warning& final disciplinary action – to liase with Accommodation / Residence Manager
- Promoting the well-being and satisfaction of all students;
- Treating all materials and information given to you in confidence
- Handling all Telephone enquiries regarding EF residences.
- Ensuring the right information is given to students – that it is correct and updated at all times.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Accommodation & Residence Manager or his designated representatives.
- Listening & dealing with Student Accommodation complaints, moving students and offering customer support.
- Supply students with the Residence Handbook and a list of the Rules and Regulations. Make sure students read and understand, and that they sign. A signed copy must be retained by the supervisor and handed to the Residence Manager on Monday. Make sure students also get their welcome letter with their food vouchers and sign that they received them.
- Liaise regularly with the Residence Manager to ensure the smooth running of the residence.
- Do a quantitative analysis of Residence questionnaires and write a report.
- Work well in a team, promoting Team spirit and comradery
- Organising, contributing and promoting inhouse student events and activities with the rest of the team.
Furthermore, you are expected to comply with the same rules and regulations as EF students and deal with all students in a respectful, polite, friendly and helpful manner. Supervisors must ensure that they have read and are familiar with the EF staff handbook.
It is essential to maintain direct internal communication with all key teams – Admin, Academics, Accounts, Accommodation and Activities.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.