We are looking for a new Residence Manager to help us deliver the best quality experience to our international students.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Recruitment, training & engagement of a team of approximately 10 school & residential staff, including weekend and evening staff
- All aspects of daily running of campus accommodation including room allocations, booking enquiries, student enquiries & issues, liaising with facilities, cleaning & security staff
- Daily administration of campus accommodation including cleaning rotas, catering arrangements, evening activities schedules, weekend and evening staff rotas etc.
- Liaison with external accommodation agencies to secure & negotiate contracts
- Quality control & customer service
- To ensure smooth running of all aspects of student accommodation
- To provide strong & effective leadership to residence team
- To maintain all internal and externally required standard
REQUIREMENTS & CORE SKILLS:
- Given the on-call nature of the job, a flexible approach to tasks and hours is essential
- Working 5 days out of 7 per week, to include some weekends
- Customer service orientated
- Able to remain calm under pressure and diffuse potentially challenging situations with ease and professionalism
- Excellent communicator
- Team leader
- Detail orientated, organised and thorough
- Management/team leadership experience desirable
Applications should be made no later than 25th November 2016.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS check and character referencing.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top