EF International Language Centres is seeking a highly motivated and professional Residence Manager to oversee a large student residence in Central London.
We are looking for a proactive, self- starter with the drive and enthusiasm to continue to improve residence standards and increase customer satisfaction in our all year round student residence.
Reporting to the Director of Student Services, you will oversee the day to day running of the residence, managing the residence coordinator and residence assistants, liaising with school administration teams and the onsite residence management, cleaning and maintenance teams in accordance with EF policy, British Council and ISI criteria.
Based in the residence you will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction through seamless arrival and departures, smooth management of the residence and excellent customer service.
- Working directly with customers and staff onsite
- Ensuring residence cleanliness standards
- Enforce health and safety regulations
- Ensure that all residence rules and regulations are maintained and followed up on.
- Working week will be Sunday to Thursday from 10am to 7pm
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the residence
- Manage the on-site residence assistants to ensure they are fulfilling their duties
- Timetabling of staff for student arrivals, departures, activities, and on-call shifts
- Liaise with school administration teams and the residential management, cleaning and maintenance teams in accordance with EF policy
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Highly developed customer service focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership experience/potential
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working with external suppliers
- Attention to detail & creative problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- A strong sense of ownership and the drive to succeed
- Experience in overseeing student accommodation or similar experience
- Appreciation of international cultures
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top