Are you a proactive, self- starter with the drive and enthusiasm to continue to improve residence standards and increase occupancy? Then this is the right job for you!
EF International Language Campuses is seeking a highly motivated and professional Residence Manager to oversee a large year-round student residence in Brighton and our temporary summer residences.
Reporting to the School Director (SD), you will oversee the day to day running of the residence, managing the residence assistants (RAs) and summer residence coordinators, liaising with: school staff, sales offices, suppliers, security and cleaning teams, all in accordance with EF policies, Golden Rules, British Council and ISI criteria.
The residence is an important accommodation option for EF Brighton students and requires a flexible approach from a highly motivated and energetic individual. This is an ideal position for an ambitious candidate who is looking to gain experience in a management role.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Allocating accommodation appropriately ensuring student requirements are met
· Liaises with suppliers such as cleaning, catering, security and external providers
· Manages large residence intakes on Sundays in summer
· Ensures proper configuration of residence beds, optimizing capacity
· Brainstorms ideas to fill up residence and implements solutions
· Plans set-up/tear-down of summer residences
· Supports Facilities Manager with health and safety in residence
· Assists students and sales offices with residence requests/changes and ensuring the in house booking system is up-to-date.
· Deals with daily customer queries, ensuring prompt follow up and excellent service
· Updates correct information about residence offer and supplements
· Ensures students respect neighbours and code of conduct
· Tracks evaluation scores and implements action plans to improve quality
Communication and team management
· Recruits, trains and supports direct reports (RAs and summer coordinators)
· Trains suppliers on quality standards and EF customer service promise
· Participates in weekly staff meetings, department and central meetings, external residential training/meetings when required
· On call for emergencies escalated by security/RAs and shares emergency on call duty on a rota basis
· Right attitude is key, we can teach you the skills!
· Customer service orientated, friendly and approachable– has contagious smile!
· Excellent communicator with students, colleagues, and external suppliers
· Creative and energetic with lots of common sense as key
· Enjoys fast paced environments – every day is different in school operations!
· Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
· Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
· Highly, organised and thorough with attention to detail
· Self-motivator, able to work autonomously with little supervision
· Flexible approach to nature and hours of work undertaken is essential
· Full-time, 5 days per week, either Sunday to Thursday or Monday to Friday. Scheduled weekend work and 6-day weeks during peak periods.
· Holiday entitlement 20 days per annum (excluding bank holidays)
What EF offers?
· Beautiful work spaces, dynamic and fun!
· Fun company culture: socials and wows!
· Growth and international work opportunities: your career may start in Brighton, but could bring you in any of our 500 offices across 50+ countries!
· Pension and health insurance benefits
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top