Residence Life Director
EF International Language Campus in New York is seeking a dynamic, organized and customer service-minded Residence Life Director to manage our Housing Department.
The Housing Director works closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Director is required to meet the varying needs of our students, host families and off campus residences, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the School Director and oversee all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for all students in this location. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, motivate the housing team, as well as the confidence to efficiently develop systems to manage a team and drive improvement.
- Ensure a high level of customer service to international students and other members of the community where students reside.
- Work directly with the housing team, students and resident advisors to problem solve, manages crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Manage our student residences to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Manage a team, including a Resident Director, an Accommodation Manager, Senior Residence Advisors (SRA), Housing Assistant, and Resident Advisors.
- Effectively maintain and pursue positive relations with facilities.
- Work directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Pursue imaginative and innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest quality standard is achieved.
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, drive improvement.
- Take the emergency phone, as required
- Other duties as required - responsibilities may be modified depending on the operational needs of the department and school.
- Position is full-time and will require some weekend work and flexible working hours at certain times of year.
- Customer service oriented
- Proven leadership track record
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet long and short term goals
- Creative thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Good analytical skills and spatial planning skills
- Dynamic and outgoing personality
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Sales or recruitment experience desirable
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities - and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top