Ready to take on real responsibilities, challenging workloads and be part of the team?
At EF International Language Centres we have a long running record for offering successful internship placements to the right applicants and usually has at least three interns of various backgrounds move on to work in different departments of the school at any time.
As this is an unsalaried position, in return you will receive a generous living package and a great experience – certainly a very useful addition to any CV.
Future career opportunities are often available and preference is given to applicants with proven and successful internship experience within the company.
- Work place will be mostly residence with some duties at school
- Accommodation provided in student residence (staff flat) + £20 weekly for lunch.
- Bathroom & toilet facilities shared with other members of staff
- Warm breakfast buffet daily in residence
- Cooking facilities available in the residence for evening meal
- Local travel costs will be paid (bus pass)
- Opportunity to undertake specific projects if desired
- Preferred length of internship is six months
- Complimentary return transfer from London airports
- Opportunity to participate in day/weekend trips (all through the UK, London shows, football games, etc.)
- Excellent English language skills
- Outgoing & confident personality with friendly manner and good sense of humour
- Good communicator who enjoys meeting people
- Flexible, energetic & flourishes in busy & varied work environment
- Enjoy taking ownership and confident to take initiatives
- Organised and creative
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focused
- Multicultural experience/awareness
- Take charge of clerical duties such as basic database entry and filing
- Help with student enquiries and follow-up (face-to-face or other communication channels)
- Liaise with Sales Offices regarding residence availability for new bookings
- Assist with residence room allocations & administration
- Participate in weekend duties and check-ins/check-outs
- Carry out weekly room checks and follow-up
- Cover for Residence Manager when needed
- Help organize and promote residence activities/events/offers
- Checking and reporting welfare issues relating to students in residence
- Acting as designated responsible adult to accompany students for hospital/doctor visits, off-site trips and excursions where needed (may be required out of hours)
This list of possible duties is not comprehensive and all interns may be asked to help with other school jobs. EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to a criminal records check and character referencing.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top