EF Malaga is seeking a responsible, caring and energetic Residence Advisor (RA).
- Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home; ensuring that rooms are prepared in advance and ready to receive students, maintaining accurate check-in/check-out records, as well as arranging a weekly orientation for new residents
- Supporting students in their adjustment to life in Spain. RAs should make themselves available to students, creating an atmosphere of respect, support and confidentiality
- Promoting student life initiatives and developing a community atmosphere by organizing activities and events both in and outside of the campus
- Knowing and enforcing the EF Malaga Rules & Regulations. RAs are expected to hold students accountable to school policies and immediately report violations to administrative staff
- Managing crisis situations and protecting students’ safety and welfare
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Upper Intermediate (B2) in Spanish and English. Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus
- At least 3 years of experience. Experience as a monitor or group leader in the leisure or education sector preferred.
- Student or costumer service experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- A passion for working in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Patience for working with individuals of all ages and Spanish levels
- Incredible flexibility and extremely positive attitude
Compensation Remuneration: salary + free housing in the residence, equipped with free wireless Internet, self-catering kitchen, and laundry inside the building.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position.
Starting date: June 2021
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.