EF International Language Center in Washington D.C. is seeking a positive, motivated, responsible, flexible, and community-building individual to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment as a Resident Assistant. The students of EF come from all over the world and range in age from 18 to 99. Program length can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to 9 months to study English and discover American culture. You will be an important part of everyday residential life working to increase customer service, enforcing school and residential rules and leading activities. In this live-in position, room and board at our residence in Takoma Park is included as well as hourly compensation for duties performed.
- The RA position is a part-time leadership opportunity with a focus on community building and maintaining EF quality standards.
- The Resident Advisor position would have one week night of duty, two weekend shifts a month either on Saturday or Sunday, and two 8-hour days at reception during business hours.
- While it is understood that full or part-time employment or studies are often taken in addition to the RA position; it should be understood that the RA job is the primary responsibility and must supersede any other additional employment.
- RAs perform a number of tasks including, but not limited to: ensuring rooms meet safety and quality standards, creating a sense of community, advising and helping students, tending to administrative duties, working with building management and third party vendors including cleaning, laundry and maintenance, ensuring smooth student arrivals and departures, and making sure that EF policies are enforced.
- RA’s are also on-call certain hours where they should be readily available to help out and ensure the safety of our students in the event of an emergency.
- An RA must have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home while living in a new city.
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Creative & highly motivated with lots of common sense is key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Ability to remain professional & authoritative, while also maintaining a warm & friendly attitude
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver – the job is fun and rewarding, but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- Be sensitive to the needs of International Students (some of them may be away from home for the first time)
- Salary would amount to between $400-$600 per month, accommodation and meals are also provided at no cost in a student residence
- Room sharing with other staff at certain times of year may be necessary
- Available to start in August, 2017
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top