Reporting directly to the Accommodation Manager, the selected person will be responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16+ living in the EF residence during their stay in EF Madrid; to work with managers and the team in performing this role; and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the EF Madrid school team
- Welcoming new students and making them feel like home; ensuring that rooms are prepared in advance and ready to receive students, maintaining accurate check-in/check-out records, as well as arranging a weekly orientation for new residents.
- Supporting students in their adjustment to life in Spain. RAs should make themselves available to students, creating an atmosphere of respect, support and confidentiality.
- Promoting student life initiatives and developing a community atmosphere: organizing activities and events both in and outside of the residence.
- Knowing and enforcing EF Madrid Rules & Regulations. RAs are expected to hold students accountable to school policies and immediately report violations to administrative staff.
- Managing crisis situations and protecting students’ safety and welfare.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Upper Intermediate (B2) in Spanish and English. Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus.
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- A passion for working in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Patience for working with individuals of all ages and Spanish levels
- Incredible flexibility and extremely positive attitude
What we offer
RAs are provided with free housing in our residence, equipped with free wireless Internet, self-catering kitchen, and laundry inside the building.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top