Live in Residence Advisor
Reporting to the Accommodation Department
Reporting directly to the Accommodation Department, the selected person will be responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16+ living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF in Auckland.
- Excellent communication & people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Creative & highly motivated with lots of common sense as key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remaining calm
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership, working with minimal supervision
- Be sensitive to the needs of International Students
- This is an on-call live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties
Areas of responsibility to include (but not be limited to):
- Checking in & out arrivals and departures to the EF residence
- Checking rooms are prepared for new arrivals with an eye for quality and attention to detail
- Carrying out room checks on a weekly basis and following up on action points
- Administration tasks relating to residence work such as preparing arrival information, keys etc
- Be available and on-call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours
- Assist with advance planning and putting together of weekly & monthly residence activities, as well as their organization and supervision at least once a week
- Follow up on student evaluations assigned by the Accommodation Department as requested
Please note this is an unpaid position, which will be compensated with free accommodation.
We have two available positions, one for our current Residence in Ponsonby starting from now and we are looking for a Residence Advisor for our Summer Residence starting from the 8th of January 2017 until the 4th of February 2017.
Back to top