You will work alongside the Residence Manager in a live-in position to supervise and promote the safety and wellbeing of international students staying in residential accommodation, but also act as EF representative on-site promoting EF and ensuring all customers are provided with excellent customer service throughout their stay in the residence.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Sensitive to needs of international students
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Outgoing & confident
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work in an international team to deliver the best experience possible for our customers
- Liaise with the School and Residence staff to maintain good communication
- Promote the welfare, well-being and satisfaction of all students living in the residence. This includes familiarising yourself with fire procedures and supervising an orderly evacuation in the event of a fire
- Project a cheerful, professional and approachable image
- Manage arrivals and departures
- Deal with any emergencies whilst on duty
- Ensure that all residence procedures are adhered to
- Always let Senior Staff know if for any reason you must leave the residence whilst on duty
- Deal with administrative tasks where required
- Assist in caretaking duties
- Brief the students on their first day at the residence and run an evening welcome meeting on Sunday for new arrivals
- Organise and participate in activities for residence students
- Attend all staff meetings called by Senior Staff
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all volunteers and staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Garda vetting check and references.
Back to top