EF Malaga is seeking a responsible, caring and energetic Resident Advisor (RA) to help our international students as they settle into our Spanish language school.
- Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home; ensuring that rooms are prepared in advance and ready to receive students, maintaining accurate check-in/check-out records, as well as arranging a weekly orientation for new residents.
- Supporting students in their adjustment to life in Spain. RAs should make themselves available to students, creating an atmosphere of respect, support and confidentiality.
- Promoting student life initiatives and developing a community atmosphere: organizing activities and events both in and outside of the campus.
- Knowing and enforcing the EF Malaga Rules & Regulations. RAs are expected to hold students accountable to school policies and immediately report violations to administrative staff.
- Managing crisis situations and protecting students’ safety and welfare.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Upper Intermediate (B2) in Spanish and English. Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus.
- Minimum age: 25yrs old
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- A passion for working in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Patience for working with individuals of all ages and Spanish levels
- Incredible flexibility and extremely positive attitude
As part of their remuneration, RAs are provided with free housing in our campus, equipped with free wireless Internet, self-catering kitchen, and laundry inside the building.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position.
Starting date: 21st August 2017
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top