Are you planning on spending your summer in Brighton and looking for a new challenge and place to live? EF Brighton is seeking a responsible, caring and energetic Residence Advisor (RA).
- Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home; ensuring that rooms are prepared in advance and ready to receive students, maintaining accurate check-in/check-out records, as well as arranging a weekly orientation for new residents
- Supporting students in their adjustment to life in Brighton. RAs should make themselves available to students, creating an atmosphere of respect, support and confidentiality
- Promoting student life initiatives and developing a community atmosphere by organizing activities and events both in and outside of the residence
- Knowing and enforcing the EF Brighton Rules & Regulations. RAs are expected to hold students accountable to school policies and immediately report violations to administrative staff
- Managing crisis situations and protecting students’ safety and welfare
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a plus.
- English (B2). Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus
- At least 1 year of work experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team
- Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- A passion for working in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Patience for working with individuals of all ages and English levels
- Incredible flexibility and extremely positive attitude
- Willingness to live at the Residence in exchange for your work
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you then please send us your application with your letter of motivation and CV.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top