About the role
We are looking for an exceptionally organized, detail-focused, inspiring individual to play a central role in the administration and management of the DBA and Research Programs at the Hult International Business School. The individual will ensure that both programs run seamlessly and deliver an excellent experience to faculty, researchers, and students.
Based at a Hult campus in San Francisco, Boston or Ashridge (near London), and working with peers across all campuses, the role requires someone with experience in program administration and data management who can take ownership of the systems, reports, logistics and operations of Hult’s DBA and Research programs.
This is an operational role; this person will not be directly engaged in researching or teaching. Nonetheless, the role requires someone who understands the importance of relevant, impactful, and pioneering research and skills-based business education. We are looking for someone who can administer and take ownership of the infrastructure that is integral to the DBA and Research programs, deliver an excellent service to faculty and students, and ensure the efficient management and accurate reporting of data for both programs.
This position reports to the Senior Director of the Research Services Team, who also holds the title and responsibilities of the Associate Director of the DBA. The person will work closely with all other members of the Research Services Team and with the Dean of Research, who is also the Academic Director of the DBA.
About the person
You are an organized program and data manager focused on the details, and able to see the bigger picture. You have substantial experience in managing programs, are a competent planner, executer, analyst, and problem solver, with experience working in a fast-paced global academic environment. You are intimately familiar with data tools like Excel Pivot Tables and SalesForce CRM. You have the patience to understand peers and students who hail from backgrounds and contexts wildly different than your own, along with the energy and compassion to empower them to excel. You embrace deadlines for yourself and others. Ideally, you have a Master’s degree.
For the DBA Program:
- Managing the daily operations of the Hult DBA;
- Working with faculty to ensure the course content meets the required standard and is delivered according to the program schedule, including the creation and maintenance of course pages on Canvas;
- Presenting an enthusiastic, clear voice as the first point of contact for students, supporting them throughout their DBA journey and ensuring they have an excellent experience;
- Organizing virtual class sessions (including technical issues with online conference software);
- Preparing and hosting the three week-long in-person residencies per year (in London, San Francisco and Dubai);
- Managing and reporting program data;
- Working with members of the Registrar, Finance, Careers and Library departments at Hult to ensure all students and faculty remain in good standing and empowered for their journey and beyond;
- Supporting the assignment and contracts with faculty and supervisors; and
- Participating in program committees as required.
For the Research Program:
- Managing the central systems for Hult research including Excel, Salesforces, FormStack, Qualtrics, Canvas and perhaps SPSS;
- Maintaining accurate data and records for Hult research input and output, including projects, publications and faculty profiles;
- Analyzing and reporting research data for accreditors and school leaders;
- Working with campus administrators and various internal finance teams across campuses to process faculty research incentives;
- Representing the Research program to other internal and external audiences; and
- Supporting other activities of Hult’s Central Academic Team if requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience and a proven track record of program and data management in an academic environment;
- Proven competence in data analysis with demonstrable success in distilling information into clear findings and actional recommendations;
- Good knowledge of business research and doctoral education;
- Strong organizational skills, coordinating data, projects, people and teams, with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent oral and written communication with precision and articulation in English;
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills and ability to influence cross-functionally through relationship building;
- Self-sufficiency and motivation to maintain momentum without daily supervision; and
- Passion for the benefits of international education and research on the practice of business management; and
- Ideally a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a subject with a significant focus on project, program and data management. A DBA or PhD in a quantitative field is a significant plus.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.