The Release Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and the overall management of an Application Software Releases across the organization.
The Release Manager should be well versed in the Release Management process and be able to assist with building out the appropriate Release Management processes.
• This position is responsible for planning and management of the release process in order to ensure a high quality implementation.
This includes the progression of code through the development, test, and production environments and well as ensuring the configuration or build out of the environments necessary to implement the release.
The Release Manager collaborates and partners with all stakeholders including project managers, technical and business management, application development, testing teams, change and implementation management, and others to proactively identify dependencies and perform the release management function.
• The release manager works across the organization to develop, maintain, and communicate a Master Release Calendar by working closely with the project managers and others within the business and technical teams in order to identify key interdependencies, delivery priorities, and business processing dates.
The release manager should be adept at negotiating and planning both near-term detailed releases as well as the annual or long-range release roadmap.
• This position also manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams.
The release manager will conduct Release Readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and required reporting as necessary.
The position will communicate release details and schedules to the Business and will facilitate release Go/No-Go reviews.
• The release manager is also responsible for continuous improvement within the release management process.
The release manager partners with the testing teams to ensure test environment entry and exit criteria are met.
The position must understand all change activity including status, risks and deployment activities.
Lastly, this person will audit, monitor and enforces established release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration and continuous integration, testing, completeness and consistency.
This requires managing processes to mitigate deployment risk through planning, scheduling, and tracking the portfolio of scheduled change.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3 - 5 years of experience in Release management.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate cross functional work teams.
• Fully understand software release lifecycle and familiar with agile team work.
• Extensive experience in configuration and management with CI software’s. (such as Team City/Jenkins)
• Extensive experience in source code version control, familiar with at least one of the tools like GIT, Subversion, TFS
• Experience in system deployment, environment configuration and code promotion.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top