Regional Head, UK and Ireland
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural and natural sites in the world. You can learn more on www.eftours.com
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 43,000 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. To date, millions of people have benefited from an EF program.
The role – Director of Tour Directors UK and Ireland - EF Educational Tours team based in the Oxford Street office in London, manages the largest group of Tour Directors (independent contractors) of any of our offices worldwide. Alongside they manage a core team based in the office of 3 full time staff and an expanded temporary team during the peak seasons of Spring and Summer breaks.
- Has management experience (4+ preferred).
- Has experience working in a customer service related environment
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Is enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Knowledge of the UK and Ireland preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a strong track record in managing a complex and diverse team.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Manage the staff, budgets and day to day operations of the Regional Office
- Work closely with local suppliers and services to ensure the best quality achievable
- Focus on delivery of highest quality Tour Experience
- Ensure the fair and efficient allocation of Tour Directors to tours
- Be responsible for the liaison with the Tour Director Community within the country/Region
- Deliver training to Tour Directors
- Oversee communication to Tour Directors
- Support Tour Directors whilst they are on tour
- Arrange and deliver Tour Director meetings at least twice a year
- Work with the central team in Luzern to ensure smooth communications and management of tour experience
- Continuously question the status-quo and look for ways to improve; inspire colleagues to do the same
- Strives to create a collaborative environment on day to day basis and demonstrates commitment to teamwork as well as flexibility to help colleagues when needed and share information and identified best practices openly with colleagues
- Spread positive energy and make the workplace a fun environment
- Act as ambassador for Tour Directors within the Operations department
- Develop effective networks within Operations as well as with Product Innovation team
Skills and Experience
- Previous relevant experience
- Fully proficient with MS Office
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer experience
- Ability to communicate and build networks effectively
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a diligent and organized fashion
This role requires some international travel, visiting our US headquarters in Boston, trips to our head office in Luzern, Europe and other locations in Europe for trainings.
EF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top