Regional Academic Manager Florida
Who You Are
- Are you a natural leader, who loves managing and coaching people to be their best?
- Do you believe engagement, interaction and fun are key to successful EFL learning?
- Are you passionate about cultural and international exchange?
- Do you live in Florida and want an exciting summer role?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
This role includes providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of EFL teachers throughout FL, through regular in-classroom observations and feedback sessions. You are also responsible for leading trainings, and for assisting teachers with lesson planning, paperwork, and classroom management. This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader and manager, someone who can provide tools, training and guidance such that their EFL Teachers can deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences. You will need to work well with a team of managers who are all highly invested in delivering an amazing experience for their students this summer! Must be willing to travel for approximately 7 weeks.
- Conduct 4 Teacher Training Sessions: June 8, 9, 22, 23
- Ensuring all classrooms meet EF specifications, and are maintained throughout the season.
- Supporting FL teachers at all programs both in-person and remotely
- Assisting local teams with all academic procedures while on-site
- Ensuring Teachers are following EF procedures and guidelines
- Teacher observations, feedback and development.
- Regular reporting and updating to FL Managers and Senior Academic Manager
- Logging observations and other feedback into EF’s internal system
- Face-to-face TEFL (minimum 100 hours) or a State Teacher Credential plus training in ESOL or ELA.
- Minimum six months’ EFL/ESL teaching experience or one summer teaching for EF.
- Enthusiastic, organized and a natural leader.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend an Academic Manager Training (end of May)
Back to top