Recruitment and Engagement Manager
Recruitment and Engagement Manager
EF High School Exchange Year
Each year, EF High School Exchange Year connects thousands of international high school exchange students with caring volunteer host families and coordinators across the United States. Together we share culture and languages, open communities to the wider world, and create lifelong bonds that span the globe.
About the role:
We rely heavily on a network of 900+ International Exchange Coordinators (IECs) who liaise locally in their communities and support our program at every point of our students’ and host families’ experience. As a Recruitment & Engagement Manager, you are instrumental to the program’s growth and quality, recruiting and onboarding IECs within your region and helping them to succeed in the role through your continued support and guidance. You will develop strategic recruitment plans in targeted hiring areas, work creatively to onboard the applicant through the hiring steps, and guide the newly onboarded IEC to their first student placement, while being held accountable to weekly individual and team goals.
Who you are:
You are driven, self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Your demonstrated ability to produce results and motivate others is at the core of all you do, as are your outstanding communication and problem-solving skills. You are competitive and goal-oriented but also collaborative and work well within a team. You have an excellent attention to detail, good judgment and a passion for international education and cultural exchange.
In this role, you must be able to think quickly on your feet and remain positive and persistent in pursuit of challenging recruitment and placement goals. You are flexible, open-minded and able to build strong relationships across a variety of different audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales/recruitment experience required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (particularly Outlook and Excel)
- Salesforce experience a plus
- International travel experience a plus
- Be accountable to weekly, monthly and yearly individual and team recruitment goals
- Handle a high volume of incoming emails/phone calls on a daily basis to track incoming leads while managing an ongoing pipeline of potential candidates
- Create and execute various projects to increase lead generation and conversion in your regions by utilizing existing resources and implementing grassroots recruitment efforts
- Maintain an ongoing relationship/dialogue with your candidates to see them through every step of the hiring process from an initial introduction to completing all screening/training requirements and through to the New IEC’s first student placement
- Work closely with other Recruitment Managers and colleagues on the Placement, Support, Compliance and Training teams to develop goals for growing and developing your regions and attracting talented candidates
- Uphold all regulatory compliance requirements throughout the recruitment process
- Assist with other projects and initiatives throughout the year including student placement and IEC retention efforts
- Extended Hours: You will be expected to work outside normal office hours in order to connect with candidates and make progress towards weekly goals. Normally, this will include shifting or working additional hours as necessary.
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Open floor plan to encourage collaboration
- Market-leading healthcare and benefits
- Generous vacation time – 3 weeks to start – 4 weeks in year two
- Domestic and international travel opportunities
- On-site fitness facility with lunch-time classes
- Complimentary in-house language classes
About EF Education First:
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top