Reception & Facilities Coordinator
Do you have a warm smile that lights up the room and makes others feel welcome? Do you enjoy helping others find solutions to their problems? Are you organized, detail-oriented and reliable?
If yes, you may be the ideal Reception Coordinator at EF International Language Centers. You will deliver above-and-beyond customer service while also providing administrative support to all departments within the school including student services, housing and academics. This is a part-time role compensated at $16/hour. We are only interested in serious candidates committed to our mission of opening the world through education.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative or customer service role – preferably in the hospitality/tourism industry
- High School Diploma and at least some college (BA preferred)
- S. work authorization and fluent written and oral English skills (other language skills a plus)
- Available to work Monday-Friday 8:30am – 2:00pm (with 30 minute unpaid lunch break) and additional afternoon hours as needed
- Reliable – you are someone who can be counted on to deliver results Outgoing and personable- service with a smile and pleasant phone demeanor
- Robust organization and time management skills, strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with basic IT tasks/troubleshooting
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks – moving boxes, assembling furniture, basic repairs
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, enjoys a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Patience and empathy towards working with individuals from many different cultures and ages, as well as limited English skills
- High energy, positive, passionate about study abroad, a good sense of humor and fun!
- Staff the school reception desk where you will greet customers and visitors on a daily basis as well as answering all incoming phone calls
- Organize weekly new student intake, welcoming new customers every Monday morning
- Assist with walk-in sales and upselling course upgrades/extensions
- Collect and follow up on student evaluation forms, ensuring immediate reaction and resolution to any and all complaints, keeping detailed, professionally written logs in our student database
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail and packages for staff and students
- Ensure all school facilities and equipment in good working order, carrying out regular and proactive building checks – this will include assembling/moving furniture, repairing fixtures and fittings, general upkeep, etc.
- Responsible for all IT equipment within the school including student/staff computers, laptops, classroom projectors, iPads, photocopiers, phones, etc. Perform regular preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Immediately and directly undertake the necessary work to resolve IT/facilities issues – goal is to repair problems before customers notice them
- Organize storage areas; inventory/order office supplies and other items working within assigned budgets
- Review and process supplier invoices ensuring accurate, on-time payments to our vendors
- Provide ongoing administrative support to all school departments and complete other projects as assigned; assist with school-wide initiatives and events
EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, and then we play hard. We believe in opening the world through education and we are proud of the role that we can play in that. EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top