Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager, Japan
EF Education First, the world's leading private international education company, seeks a talented ambassador to be the Public Relations Manager for our Japan market. As a sponsor of Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympic Games, EF is a rapidly growing and dynamic company that needs someone equally dynamic to be the public face of EF Japan.
As the Public Relations at EF Japan, the candidate will be in charge of EF communications across the country. With experience, skills and a natural instinct for both strategic thinking and meticulous execution, the candidate will work closely with various internal and external partners, and strive to continue to make EF the most admired product and employer brand. Strategic planning, media relations and issue management are integral parts of this position.
- Work closely with the business leaders, media contacts and connecting media to EF Study Abroad program to develop Communication Strategy, establish awareness of EF further with Tokyo 2020 activities, create media programs and content
- Lead the effort to execute EF language school product PR activities, including companywide activities, critical product-led activities and employer branding
- Handle ad-hoc negative media enquires with solid crisis management skills, and conduct related trainings to staff
- Manage media relations in the assigned region, organize events and pitch for media opportunities from content perspective proactively
- Coach executives on interview skills
- Host company events and internal meetings
- Work closely with Tokyo 2020 team
- Bachelor’s degree or above from top universities; overseas study experience a strong plus.
- 3-8 years working experience in media and public affairs
- Excellent at cultivating and maintaining relationships with the media, and other relevant stakeholders; intimately familiar with how media works in Japan, from traditional, to social. Self-motivated with high ethical standards
- Passion for education especially languages and study abroad
- Fluent in Japanese; business level, writing official business letters in Japanese is a must.
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and oral)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently and drive projects
- Mature and able to work with senior executives from around the world
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 539 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top