Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager
Educational Tours/Explore America
Are you a rising public relations star with a “nothing is impossible” attitude; a knack for identifying the coolest stories; deep experience working with reporters covering the education, travel, or business beats; and an understanding for how “good PR” can complement related IMC efforts, help build relationships and drive sales? Are you interested in working for a mission-driven company that operates with the mentality and speed of a startup, but has the resources of a global organization?
Would you like to see the world while helping North American teachers and students do exactly the same thing – all while cultivating real world skills, sparking mutual understanding, and building bridges across borders and cultures? Could you see yourself hanging with a Boston Globe reporter in Milan as Anthony Bourdain teaches thousands of EF travelers about the future of food?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we’d like to get to know you!
EF Education First is seeking an experienced Public Relations Manager to work closely with its central integrated marketing and public relations teams to conceptualize and implement an ongoing PR program to support two of the organization’s largest divisions – EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. Both divisions are pioneers in experiential learning, leading students abroad to encounter new cultures and languages firsthand.
The Public Relations Manager will support a variety of important initiatives beyond the role’s core media relations function – including setting strategic messaging and prepping our spokespeople; planning and executing events; and identifying and coordinating innovative partnerships like this one with Stockholm’s Nobel Museum or this one with the National Teacher of the Year Program. At EF, no two days are ever the same – and this is particularly true for our PR practitioners. One day you could be hosting education press at the Hult Prize in New York City before jetting off to Iceland to staff former Obama Energy Secretary and Nobel Laureate Dr. Steven Chu for our EF Global Leadership Summit series. Candidates lacking passports, a love of travel, and a passion for education need not apply!
This position is based in our beautiful new North American headquarters building on the banks of the Charles River in North Point, Cambridge.
EF is the world’s largest international education company, with 46,500 team members working from 580 schools and offices in 53 countries. For more than 50 years, EF has offered every imaginable way to see the world, experience another culture, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
It’s easy for us to tell you who we think we are, so here are a few articles about EF and our company culture to help you get to know us better:
- Here is a Boston Globe profile on our Founder Bertil Hult and the history of EF.
- Or you can read what our Co-Chairman Philip Hult had to say about EF’s unique corporate culture in the New York Times.
- And Fast Company recently checked out our culture book before proclaiming: “Behold! Someone Made an Employee Manual You’ll Actually Want to Read.”
- Finally, in 2017 we were honored to be named the #1 Top Place to Work by the Boston Globe and a “Coolest Company” by BostInno.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Passionate about education, experiential learning, travel, and cultural exchange
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, liberal arts or a related field of study
- 4 – 6 years of experience in public relations or journalism
- A passion for media relations and a track record of building relationships with key reporters and securing placements
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including experience writing pitches, press releases, contributed posts, talking points, and briefing materials.
- Ability to set and execute strategy – from media list building to staffing senior executive interview
- Deadline-driven, multi-tasker who can prioritize with minimal supervision while working in a highly entrepreneurial, ever-evolving business environment.
- Creative problem solver and motivated self-starter
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top