Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Coordinator
EF Education First
Are you a rising public relations superstar with a “nothing is impossible” attitude; a knack for identifying the coolest stories; deep experience working with reporters covering the education, travel, lifestyle, or business beats; and an understanding for how “good PR” can complement related IMC efforts, help build relationships and drive sales? Are you interested in working for a mission-driven company that operates with the mentality and speed of a startup, but has the resources of a global organization? Would you like to see the world while helping our customers do the same, as they create new opportunities for themselves through educational travel, cultural exchange, language learning, and academics? Think you could get our company flag to the International Space Station for a photo shoot? That’s something we did. And if you answered yes to any of these questions, then we’d love to get to know you!
EF Education First is seeking a Public Relations Coordinator to work closely with its Public Relations Director, North America to conceptualize and implement an ongoing PR program to support EF’s 15 independent business units in the U.S. and Canada. As a member of EF’s central branding team, the Public Relations Coordinator will support a variety of important initiatives beyond the role’s core media relations function – including setting strategic messaging and prepping our spokespeople; planning and executing public and staff events; identifying and coordinating innovative partnerships like this one with Community Boating, Inc. or this one with Stockholm’s Nobel Museum; as well as supporting the team’s influencer outreach and social media efforts.
At EF, no two days are ever the same – and this is particularly true for the Public Relations Coordinator. One day you could be hosting NPR at Hult Prize in New York City before jetting off to Iceland to staff former Obama Energy Secretary and Nobel Laureate Dr. Steven Chu for our EF Global Leaders Summit series. You could be traveling to PyeongChang or Tokyo to promote EF’s Olympics programs, which will reflect our work to language train 1 million Brazilians in the lead-up to Rio 2016, or you could be headed to Hong Kong to help launch the latest edition of the EF English Proficiency Index. Candidates lacking passports and a love of travel and cross-border collaboration need not apply!
This position is based in our beautiful new North American headquarters building on the banks of the Charles River in North Point, Cambridge.
EF is the world’s largest international education company, with 43,000 team members working from 500 schools and offices in 53 countries. Through partnerships, we have a presence in more than 110 countries. For more than 50 years, EF has offered every imaginable way to see the world, experience another culture, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
Sure, it’s easy for us to tell you who we think we are, so here are a few articles about our company and company culture to help you understand us even better:
- Here is a Boston Globe profile on our Founder Bertil Hult and the history of EF.
- Or you can read what our Co-Chairman Philip Hult had to say about EF’s unique corporate culture in the New York Times.
- And Fast Company recently checked out our culture book before proclaiming: “Behold! Someone Made an Employee Manual You’ll Actually Want to Read.”
Desired Skills & Experience
- Passionate about education, experiential learning, travel, and cultural exchange
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, liberal arts or a related field of study
- 2 – 4 years of experience in public relations or journalism
- A passion for media relations and a track record of building relationships with key reporters and influencers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including experience writing pitches, press releases, blog posts, talking points, and briefing materials.
- Ability to set and execute strategy – from media list building to staffing executive interviews
- Deadline-driven, multi-tasker who can prioritize with minimal supervision while working in a highly entrepreneurial, ever-evolving business environment.
- Creative problem solver and motivated self-starter
- Experience with social media, event planning and management is a plus.
Back to top